I have been thinking long and hard about the topic for my first proper blog post. Since we will (hopefully) be spending a lot of time together here, I thought it would only be fair to start by giving you an opportunity to get to know me better. So, I have put together 15 totally random facts about me – sit back, relax, and enjoy!
1. I was born and raised in the Masurian Lake District region of Poland. I used to live in London for a while until I moved back to Poland to complete my university degree. London is my happy place and I’ve been wanting to move back ever since.
2. When I was 3, I had an accident, as a result of which my tongue got split in half. I underwent two surgeries and miraculously never had any speech impairment.
3. I was always a straight-A student. Add to it the fact that I’m a naturally competitive person and it should come as no surprise that back in primary school, I would take part in as many competitions as possible. Maths, Science, English, Art… you name it, I’ve done it. With time, I got more selective and directed my efforts towards spelling bees and English language olympiads, both of which I was highly successful at. I also graduated from university at the top of my year.
4. I speak Polish and English fluently. I also took classes in German, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese.
5. I started my very first blog when I was 12 – I would share my thoughts on a wide array of topics and post icons and banners I designed in Photoshop. My blog post about peer pressure was featured on the homepage of one of the largest Polish web portals. In 2011, I launched my first fashion and lifestyle blog called Glamour Kills (can you tell I was hugely inspired by Hanna Beth at the time?) which I ran until January 2015.
6. I have a Master’s degree in International Business and I currently work as a Fashion Buyer’s Assistant for the biggest Polish clothing manufacturer.
7. Travelling is one of my biggest passions – I have been to 16 countries and counting. I store all of my travel keepsakes, such as old ticket stubs, in a Paris-themed treasure chest storage box. You can find all of my travel-related posts here.
8. I collect postcards and Vogue magazines from all around the world. I aim to have at least one from each country someday.
9. In 2011, I spontaneously decided to stop wearing trousers. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve worn them since then.
10. My biggest role model is Audrey Hepburn – not only do I love watching her movies, but I also find her personal story very inspiring. In 2018, I made one of my biggest travel dreams come true – I saw the place she called home for the last 30 years of her life and I visited her grave.
11. In my free time, I really enjoy watching TV shows. My current obsession is Gilmore Girls – I only discovered it last year and I’ve been binge watching it now that I finally caved in and got a Netflix subscription. However, my favourite kind of shows to binge watch are true crime documentaries. If I could only watch one TV channel for the rest of my life, it would most likely be Investigation Discovery. At one point in my life, I even considered going into criminology.
12. I can’t live without coffee. I start every single morning with a cup of joe and I love discovering the best and most Instagrammable coffee shops wherever I go.
13. Another thing I could not live without is music. I have a very eclectic music taste – I will listen to anything I find catchy and there are very few music genres I don’t like. My all-time favourite band is Thirty Seconds to Mars. Other artists I like include Guns N’ Roses, Panic! at the Disco (especially from the AFYCSO era), Three Days Grace, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, and Camila Cabello. See? I wasn’t exaggerating about the eclectic part.
14. Although I’ve never had any pets, I’m a cat person through and through – I really admire them for their unique personalities and independence. Whenever I see one, I instantly try to stroke it or play with it, and I absolutely love watching cat videos on the Internet.
15. I have an uncommon phobia – I am afraid of balloons. The source of it is the sound of balloons popping. I typically refuse to touch or go near a balloon for fear it will pop. Foil balloons are a whole another story – I really like them and think they make a great photo prop.
So, this is it – 15 random facts about me! If there’s anything else you would like to know, feel free to reach out to me and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
But enough about me… What’s a random fact about you? Tell me in the comments and let’s get to know each other!